Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2009

FAQ: Do you use mods, glitches and cheats?

The answer is NO. I've used mods, glitches & cheats, unlocked everything possible, beaten them in all difficulties with many games. But when I'm making a guide, they are set aside.

Only exception is that I show the glitches which are incidental with the gameplay & it doesn't require you to repeat the same things at one spot (i.e. infinite XP). Here is the links for the glitches I used in my walkthrough:

[KOTOR]
Keeping Sith Armor on Taris
Duplicating Zaalbar's equipment on Kashyyyk
Duplicating equipment on Manaan


[KOTOR2]
Keeping items from the Prologue

So back to the original question - why don't I use mods, glitches or cheats?

Because it's not a cheat or mod guide. I'm trying to simulate so-called basic strategy guide visually.

Imagine if my walkthrough shows great equipment which are not available in conventional methods. Or if I suddenly become a super Jedi after using glitches or cheats.

I'm here to help people as any guides would, and show how to beat the game as default. You don't see a good guide suggesting 'you must use cheats or glitches to achieve this quest'. It won't make a good guide, and the viewers will be confused and wonder what's in the original game and what's not.

I also don't assume the viewers have played KOTOR before. I'm making videos for anyone who loves Star Wars. I receive many comments from people that they've never played the game before.


Just to add to it, my walkthroughs are played in Normal mode, which is the default difficulty of the game. I've played on Hard mode, but that's for my joy, not suitable for a guide.


Mods to me is like unlocking bonuses after you beat games.

Take Resident Evil series - after you beat the game & fulfill certain criterias, you'll unlock extra costumes, weapons, secrets, mini-games, etc. They are given as 'bonuses', only if you sweat yourself to beat the game and earned them with your hard work. When you see 'the End', you are rewarded & given something special.

KOTOR doesn't have unlockables, but you may still use mods & expand your joy, like you can with other games. But that's for more advanced, experienced players who've beaten the game many times.

If you beat KOTOR once, then you've only seen a glimpse of the game.

Finishing the game with an average character is not too difficult, but seeing everying in the game will take at least a few runs, that's why I make two walkthroughs of each KOTOR game.

But the best joy will come when you build up your own favorite character. To help it, I'm showing how to build a 'powerful' character without using cheats or mods. If you want to find out more, you can read KOTOR Tips: Earning extra XP & Leveling Up early section.

No comments:

Post a Comment